Built in 1890 by Thomas O'Conner, this is the last 2 story building in Elgin that has not been redone! Originally bricks came from Butler Brick , but O'Conner found a source for good clay and made his own. This building sits on a wonderful location, across from Veterans Memorial Park, diagonal from the site of a huge new City Park in the planning stage and just down from what will be Elgin's new police Station. On the back side is the Post Office. With approximately 6700 square feet per BCAD, this building has the possibility of being one of the most important buildings in downtown Elgin.The original freight elevator is still there and in working order! The downstairs would be a good location for a restaurant/venue with plenty of room for outdoor seating at the back with a view of an original mural by the owner of the building! Upstairs has been an artist studio but could be an amazing home, or 3-4 apartments. Elgin is a growing, thriving community and this is a rare opportunity! There are state and federal tax credits as well as the potential of funds through Elgin's EDC for the right project!